North East Circuit
Arrival in Trujillo. Transfer from the airport or bus station to the hotel. Free time. Then, we will being our cultural tour to Arco Iris Temple (Dragon) belongs to Chimú Culture. The tour continues towards to the impressive Sol and la Luna pyramids, Power Centre in Trujillo valley during Moche times. We will observe incredible group of frescoes in adobe walls of La Luna Temple, unearthed by archeologist. After lunch, we will visit the old Citadel of Chan Chan. We will know Nik-An Palace, located at south west of Chan Chan visiting ceremonials sites, worshipping sites, barns, cemetery, among others.
Ending our tour, we will go to Huanchaco, ancestral fishing bay where keeps millenary tradition of artisanal fishing through the old-local boats called “Caballitos de Totora”. Here we can buy handicraft, walk along the traditional bay with many surfers in the background. Return to t
After breakfast, we will visit El Brujo Archeological Complex, called like that by polychromes friezes of its walls and one of the major archeological finding of last years. The zone includes: Prieta Ruins, Cortada Ruins and Cao Ruins, where we will appreciate archeological remains of Moche Culture with impressive friezes decorated in high relief of polychrome mud.
We will also visit its onsite Museum, where Lady of Cao rests is located, the first pre-Colombian woman leader of Perú found in 2006. Free time for lunch. Back to the hotel. At the appropriate hour, transfer to the bus station to go to the City of Chiclayo. Arrival, reception and transfer to the hotel. Night off, overnight.
After breakfast, we will start our tour and we will move to Sican National Museum an important cultural place where Sican Culture is exhibited, protected, investigated, spread, preserved and fostered. Then we will go to the highest concentration of monumental architecture and the best expressions of mural art in the Lambayeque region. A combination of simpler buildings where we can find the warm Valle de la Leche in Tucume district. It was made out of 26 enormous adobe truncated pyramids highlighting Huaca del Pueblo, La Raya, El Sol and Las Estacas; we will also visit its onsite museum where is housed unique archaeological pieces which belonged to Lambayeque, Chimu and Inca Cultures. Free time for lunch. We continue to Tumbas Reales Museum to see original pieces were discovered intact in the Royal Cemetery of Sipan, one of the mains are: Sipan Lord’s Tomb, discovered in 1987, buried next to his retinue; Priest Tomb discovered in 1988; Old Sipan Lord’s Tomb, where are the best works in gold. Return to the hotel to have our dinner. At the appropriate hour, transfer to the bus station to go to the City of Chachapoyas. Overnight on the route.
Arrival in Chachapoyas, reception and transfer to the hotel. Then, we will start our tour to Kuelap Archeological Zone, located at 70 km west of Chachapoyas and surrounding by high walls of Chachapoyas culture. This fortress is unique in the world because of location on top of a mountain with three precipices on its four sides, vegetation and elevated outcrops and cliffs. Built in an area of beautiful landscapes between the Andes and the Amazon jungle, creating an incomparable view. In the complex there are more than 400 circular buildings along 6 hectares, with a remarkable decoration as “El Castillo”, “El Tintero” and “Pueblo Alto“, this impressive place was declared a Cultural Heritage of Peru in 1998. Our first stop will be Macro Archeological zone to have a brief speech. Then continue the trip to Nuevo Tingo town and boarding the cable car, after 20 minutes enjoying the scenery, we will arrive at La Malca from where we will walk 20 minutes to the fortress. Together with our professional guide we will visit different places such as: ceremonial sites, the main temple, circular rooms, etc. Return in cable cars to Nuevo Tingo where a delicious lunch will be waiting for us. At the appropriate time, transfer to the city of Chachapoyas. Free time. Overnight
Breakfast at the hotel. At the indicated time we will go to Cocachimba Town, 1 hour from Chachapoyas. From there we will start a beautiful hike about two hours crossing a mountain landscapes with a huge variety of flora and fauna; endemic species such as yellow-tailed woolly monkey, Gallito de las Rocas, spoonbill hummingbird, among others until reaching Gocta Waterfall.
This beautiful waterfall, discovered in 2002 by the German Stefan Ziemendorff, was once considered the third highest waterfall in the world at 771m high, today it is the fifteenth. We will arrive at Gocta Waterfall where we will enjoy an impressive natural show. At the appropriate time we will Cocachimba Town (2h approx.) to taste a typical lunch. In the afternoon come back the City of Chachapoyas. Free time. Overnight.
NOTE: This excursion is on foot or riding a mule.
Breakfast at the hotel, transfer to the Airport in Jaen or Bus station in Chachapoyas, to go to Lima and board your connecting flight to your home city.
B = Breakfast , L = Lunch
- Transfer Aiport / Bus station – Hotel – Bus Station
- 01 Night accommodation + breakfast
- Full day Ruins + Chan Chan + Huanchaco
- Full Day EL Brujo Archeological Complex
- Bus ticket Trujillo – Chiclayo
- Entrance ticket and transfer to mentioned places
- Transfer Bus Station – Hotel – Bus Station
- 01 night accommodation + Breakfast
- Full day Sican + Tucume + Real Tombs
- Bus ticket Chiclayo – Chachapoyas
- Entrance ticket and transfer to mentioned places
- Transfer Bus Station – Hotel – Airport / Bus Station
- 02 nights of accommodation + Breakfast
- Full Day Kuelap Archeological Complex + Typical lunch
- Full Day Gocta Waterfall + Typical lunch
- TKT Kuelap cable car
- Entrance tickets and transfer to mentioned places
ALL OF THEM INCLUDE:
- Entrance tickets to the places mentioned
- Professional Guided (Bilingual)
- Permanent attention
- First Aid kit
- National and international Air/bus tickets not mention in the programme.
- Consumptions and/or services not specified in the programme as beverages, additional service or others.
- Mule for Gocta excursion
- Light and warm clothers
- Trekking Shoes
- Sun Protection: Hats, sunblock, sun glasses
- Waterproof raincoat
- Hotels SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY.
- The itineraries are subject to changes due to the weather in a particular season of the year.
- Rate does not apply to National Holidays (Peru), Christmas, New Year and long scheduled holidays
- Fares may change without prior notice because of the lodging or others in case of ticket entrance to touristic places of national heritage, which are subject to the Ministry of Culture/Environment of The Peruvian State