Pearls In The Amazon
Arrival at Tarapoto Airport. Free morning. In the afternoon we will travel by car to Yurimaguas City known as “Pearl of Huallaga”. This is a city in the Peruvian Northeast, capital of the Alto Amazonas province in Loreto, located at the confluence of the Huallaga and Paranapura rivers, in lower jungle. Yurimaguas is the last stretch of road and the gateway to the deep jungle of Loreto. Arrival and welcome at Rio Huallaga Hotel. After our accommodation, we will enjoy an exquisite à la carte dinner in the hotel. Overnight
Courtesy (*): Depending on the arrival time, a short guided tour of the Yurimaguas supply port can be made, where various locals come to offer their typical products in a local market.
- Tour Full River
Very early in the morning we will transfer to Huallaga Port to board our boat to Villa Lagunas in an approximate 3h. Arrival to Villa Laguna where a delicious breakfast will be waiting for us. Afterwards, we will go to Tibilo-Varadero Guard Post (Gateway to Pacaya Samiria National Reserve) in a motor van.
Pacaya Samiria is the second largest protected natural area in Peru with an area of 2,080,000 hectares, it houses a high biological diversity with more than 1,000 species of fauna and 965 wild plants. It is recognized as a Natural Wonder of the World. Once we arrive at Pacaya Samiria Reserve, we will board our canoe to go to Tranca Caño for lunch. We will continue our tour surrounded by an exotic flora and fauna until we reach Poza Gloria. Arrival and accommodation in the ecology cabins and tents.
At night, we will make an excursion through the silent river waters in Pacaya Samiria, in search of alligators’ habitat. We will approach them on a short walk and we will be able to observe these reptiles of different sizes and feel them while they are resting. At the appropriate time we will return to the hotel for dinner. Overnight within the reserve.
Breakfast in the cabin. Then we will start our tour going to Panteón Canyon where we will observe flora and fauna. We will connect with this beautiful landscape and head slowly by canoe to the most pristine parts where we will know a variety of animals such as: Paiche, damisa, chambira, paco palomenta, river dolphin, vaquita marina, Pichico monkey, Hoatzin, timber trees, among others. Afterwards, we will do Artisan fishing where we can hunt all kinds of piranhas and then taste them in Panteón Canyon, our guide will help us cook what we hunt. At the appropriate time we will return to our lodging in Poza Gloria.
At night, we will make an excursion in search of nocturnal animals such as: Anteater, frogs, bat, chosna Monkey, among others. We will observe them in their natural habitat and behavior while they are sleeping. We will return to the hotel for dinner. Overnight
Breakfast in Poza Gloria. Then, we will go for a walk inside the jungle, observing a variety of typical birds and a wonderful landscape. At the appropriate time we will return to the lodge to go to Tranca Caño and have lunch. After lunch, we will continue our route to Tiblio Varadero and finally make connection with Villa Lagunas. Free afternoon. In the evening we will enjoy our farewell dinner. Overnight at Villa Lagunas.
Early in the morning, after breakfast, we will go to Villa Lagunas Port to board our boat to Yurimaguas. Once we arrive in the city, we will go to Rio Huallaga Hotel for lunch. Free time. At the appropriate time, transfer to the Tarapoto airport to take a flight to destination or home city.
B= Breakfast, L= Lunch, D= Dinner
- Transfer Tarapoto Airport – Hotel in Yurimaguas – Taraporto Airport
- River transfer Yurimaguas – Villa Lagunas – Yurimaguas
- 01 Night Accommodation in Rio Huallaga Hotel + Breakfast
- 01 Night Accommodation in Villa Lagunas + Breakfast
- 02 Nights Accommodation in Pacaya Samiria Natural Reserve+ Breakfast
- 01 lunch in Rio Huallaga
- 01 lunch in Tranca Caño
- 01 lunch in Cañon Panteón
- 01 dinner in Rio Huallaga
- 02 dinners in Poza Gloria
- Travel items: Life jacket, boots, rain poncho, mosquito nets and mats
- Artisanal fishing
- Wildlife observation
- Nocturnals excursions
- Entrance ticket to Pacaya Samiria Natural Reserve
- Entrance ticket and transfer to mentioned places
- Professional guidance (English – Spanish)
- Permanent Assistance
- First aid kit
- Domestic or International Air / Land Tickets
- Any consumption and / or services not specified in the program
- Sun Protection: Sunscreen, sunglasses, hat or cap, long-sleeved shirt and pants.
- Mosquito repellent
- Light cloth Shorts and T-shirts, long sleeves and trousers/jeans
- Trekking shoes and sandals
- Plastic poncho for possible rains
- Bathing suit
- Personal Medicines
- The itineraries are subject to changes due to the weather in a particular season of the year.
- Rate does not apply to National Holidays (Peru), Christmas, New Year and long scheduled holidays
- Fares may change without prior notice because of the lodging or others in case of ticket entrance to touristic places of national heritage, which are subject to the Ministry Culture/Environment of The Peruvian State