Rural Tourism In Colca Canyon
Very early in the moorning, we will pick you up from your hotel to go to the great Colca Canyon, we will go through Yura village behind the Chachani mountain to appreciate the Misti Volcano. We will stop at pampa cañahuas, located in Aguada Blanca Reserve, in this place we can see different species of South American camelids (vicuñas, llamas, alpacas). The next point will be pata pampa, the highest place on route 4800m, here is the viewpoint of Los Andes where we we can appreciate wonderful volcanoes of Hualca hualca, Sanbancaya, Ampato; at the end of our visit we can continue our trip to Chivay to have our lunch.
Free time in the afternoon to visit hot springs. Then, we will have a friendly welcome from the family who we will spend 2 days doing typical family activities in the Colca. Dinner and overnight in a rural home of Coporaque.
After breakfast we accompany the family in one of their daily agricultural tasks (planting, harvesting, fallow, milking, etc.) depending on the season and scheduled activity. After lunch with the family, we went on a 2-hour walk to archaeological ruins. Upon return we visit the artisans who make typical embroidery of the colca. Dinner with the family and overnight.
At the appropriate time we say goodbye to the family with whom we share 2 day and we will leave the community to go to Cruz del Condor viewpoint. On the way we will stop at the town of Yanque to take some photographs of its main square and observe the performance of a typical dance. We continue our trip to the canyon and when we arrive we will have enough time for the sighting of condors, recognized as the masters and lords of the great Colca valley. On the way back to Chivay, we will stop to observe the pre-Hispanic model and the pre-Inca hanging tombs belonging to the ethnic group of the Collahuas and Cabanas, owners of the Colca Valley. Along the way, we will also stop to admire the beauty of the Maca people which have a small reconstructed chapel from the 17th century. Upon returning to Chivay we can have lunch and prepare us for the return trip to Arequipa.
B= Breakfast, L= Lunch, D= Dinner
- Transfers Arequipa – Chivay – Arequipa
- 01 breakfast, 03 lunches, 02 dinners
- 02 nights accommodation in rural homes
- Colca Trek
- Tourist ticket to Calca Canyon
- Entrance ticket to mentioned places
- Transfers to metioned places
- Professional guide
- Permanent attention
- National and international Air/bus tickets not mention in the programme.
- Consumptions and/or services not specified in the programme as beverages, additional service or others.
- Hotels SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY.
- The itineraries are subject to changes due to the weather in a particular season of the year.
- Rate does not apply to National Holidays (Peru), Christmas, New Year and long scheduled holidays
- Fares may change without prior notice because of the lodging or others in case of ticket entrance to touristic places of national heritage, which are subject to the Ministry of Culture/Environment of The Peruvian State